Do you want to learn how to start a blog?
Today I am going to write about how to start a blog in 2021. the step by step guide on this post will teach you how to create a blog in 30 minutes. In that post, I am talking about how to earn money in the blog (write posts).
How to Start a Blog in 7 Easy Steps
- Select a perfect niche for your blog
- Choose a blogging platform
- Pick a domain name
- Get a web hosting account
- Starting a blog on WordPress
- Write and publish blog content
- Optimize your blog content for SEO
Starting a successful blog fast
There are four main points that you need to know for creating the blog of your dreams.
Picking a niche and a name. Your blog’s niche is that the particular market (topic) you’ll be targeting. When it involves naming your blog, you’ll use your name or a descriptive combination of words.
Selecting a blogging platform. the subsequent step is to seek out the best-suited blogging site to start out building your own blog. there’s a good selection of platforms.
Securing blog hosting and a domain. an internet hosting company acts because the foundation for your blog and makes it available online 24/7.
Building and designing a blog. you don’t need to be a knowledgeable web designer or developer to form your blog look beautiful! Once you put in WordPress software, you’ll choose pre-designed themes that supported your preferences.
Creating useful and unique content. Now, you’ll start writing and posting information online.
Step #1: Select a perfect niche for your blog
To start a blog and make it a blogger, you have to select the right niche for your blog.
- Is it a niche I’m passionate about?
- Is there enough audience interest in this niche?
Once you decide on a distinct segment, I also suggest you validate it.
A three-step blog success validation process:
- Check niche size.
- Explore competitors.
- Analyze monetization potential.
Step #2: Choose a blogging platform
Now, let’s get into the more technical details. What’s the simplest place to start out a blog?
What Is a Free Blog?
A free blog may be a blog that you simply can create for free of charge employing a blogging platform like Blogger.com, WordPress.com, or Tumblr.com.
What Is a Self-Hosted Blog?
A self-hosted blog lives on your own server. most of the people pay third-party companies to hire out space for storing to you (we’ll cover this in step three).
There are many cons and drawbacks of a free blogging service (limited monetization, customization, and traffic) but most significantly, you’ll have little control over your blog. And if you would like to upgrade, you’ll get to pay quite you’d if you hosted the blog yourself.
Which Blogging Platform Should I Choose?
There are many various blogging platforms that you simply can choose between.
- Costs: are you able to afford to buy the prices of this blogging platform?
- Beginner-friendliness: is that this blogging platform easy to line up and manage? Does it offer support and troubleshooting?
- Maintenance: what proportion of manual work does the platform require?
- Monetization: Will this platform allow you to monetize your blog easily?
Step #3: Pick a domain name
Your name is going to be the name by which you’ll be known online, regardless of what niche you select. It’s your blog’s unique address on the web. it’ll be yours as long as you continue paying the annual fee of $10 to $15 per annum for a .com.
Step #4: Get a web hosting account
After choosing a website name, selecting a reliable hosting service is going to be one of the foremost important decisions you create.
To a superb extent, the functionality and performance of your site will depend on your blog hosting.
Step #5: Starting a blog on WordPress
This section provides detailed information to assist you in check-in for your web hosting account and install WordPress software. As an example, I will be able to show you ways to make a blog with Bluehost. I even have included screenshots of the pages that you simply got to undergo.
Step #6: Write and publish blog content
Now comes the instant of truth and you’ll actually start blogging. you would like to find out the way to write your first blog post.
- Go to the left menu and click on “Posts”.
- Write your first blog post
- You will see there’s already a post there. this is often a default post on every new WordPress blog, and that we don’t need it. To delete it click “Trash” slightly below the post.
- delete the Hello World default post
- To begin writing a replacement post, click the “Add New” link.
- add a replacement post to your blog
- You are now on the post editor screen. Enter the title of your post within the top box then begin writing your post within the lower box.
- If you’d wish to add an image to your post, click on the “Add Image” icon and click on “Upload” to upload an image from your computer. you’ll make adjustments to the image size on the subsequent screens. once you are ready click “Insert into post” to feature the image.
- Insert image during a blog post
- Once you’ve got finished your post just click the “Publish” button on the highest right side of the screen to publish the new post.
Step #7: Optimize your blog content for SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is that the process that website owners use to urge more traffic to their sites from search engines (such as Google).
According to recent studies, 60% of all traffic for websites comes from organic search. This number shows how important it’s to form sure that you simply optimize your WordPress blog for search engines.
This is the method of researching and selecting the proper set of keywords that you simply think people will type during a search to seek out information like yours online.
SEO meta tags
When you publish a replacement blog post or page, you’ll get to add SEO meta tags for every piece of content.
These are the SEO title and SEO description tags. These tags aren’t seen on the particular page, but Google will use metadata to raised understand what the webpage is about.